sidebar pic
sidebar pic




Powered by Blogger
 

Life of Colleen: J.Crew randomness



Previous Posts
· A summer smoker underground
· Exchanging slaves for majesties
· J.Crew Cord pencil skirt review
· So, ladies, how was your weekend?
· End of another fabulous week!
· Awww...
· Seagoon: Well, these earplugs seem to be all right...
· No man can tell them what to do...
· Update on "cornstarch removing ancient old stain i...
· Marilyn: I wish they'd pass a law like that for me.*

OOTD pics
Work wardrobe pics
Weekend wardrobe pics

Archives

independent fashion bloggers
What do programmers actually wear? Work wardrobe thoughts for a profession with no dress code, plus fashion, product reviews, et cetera.
Current blog
Profile
Contact
More product reviews
Children's art
 Subscribe in a reader

Search only this blog:


Google Custom Search

Other Wardrobe/Fashion Blogs & Sites
The Sartorialist
Fashion For Nerds
That's Chic
keiko lynn
respect the shoes
District of Chic
That Damn Green Dress
Bulo Shoes blog
Chictopia

J.Crew-Oriented Blogs
Gigi's Gone Shopping
J. Crew Aficionada
A Bigger Closet
Modestly Styled. Modestly Me.
My closet, my baby and I
770 Behind The Line (the (un)official J.Crew blog)

Makeup Blogs & Sites
Natural Kath
Makeup & Beauty Blog
Temptalia
Cosmetic Candy
Rouge Deluxe
Tracy's Beauty Blogsphere
Front Row Beauty (some fashion as well)
iCompact


J.Crew randomness
posted by Colleen Shirazi on Sunday, November 14, 2010 at 8:59 PM (Pacific)


j.crew plaid sundrine flannel shirtdress
J.Crew Plaid Sundrine flannel shirtdress

This was definitely too young for me. Dang! They had all three Sundrines at my local 'Crew (I went to Emeryville)...mmm...I tried the biggest size on the rack, which was an 8. It fit okay but struck me as ideal for someone under 30. It had a teeny pocket...oh, I'm only going to make myself crazy. :)

j.crew tissue turtleneck in heirloom pink
J.Crew Tissue Turtleneck in Heirloom Pink

Since tees and knits were on sale, I thought I'd scope out more tissue turtlenecks—one of my favorite 'Crew innovations. The light weight makes them work for our changeable weather...you don't end up sweating in the afternoon...but the turtleneck and long sleeves provide coverage in the morning, when you're, ah, freezing.

Heirloom Pink was a bit of a disappointment. It's less pink in real life, more a neutral shade too close to my skin color.

j.crew tissue turtleneck in nightfall blue
J.Crew Tissue Turtleneck in Nightfall Blue

Nightfall Blue was more teal than pictured. I'd pondered buying both online, because of the sale, but was glad to see them in person first. I'm not knocking Nightfall Blue; it's quite pretty, just not what I'd had in mind. Heirloom Pink should be pinker.

j.crew tissue turtleneck in golden topaz
J.Crew Tissue Turtleneck in Golden Topaz

This was fantastic! In the picture, I'd detected a slight muddy green tone, but in person it was the ideal saffron shade.

j.crew  <br />teal flannel boy shirt
J.Crew Teal flannel boy shirt

This was lovely in person; bluer, and slightly more formal than my other 'Crew plaid shirt:

ootd

Labels: ,


0 Comment(s)



« Newer Posts | Older Posts »