sidebar pic
sidebar pic




Powered by Blogger
 

Life of Colleen: Made in the U.S.A. shoes



Previous Posts
· Sundance shoes made in the U.S.A.
· Wardrobe: outfit composition
· Happy Friday!: Dance, dance, dance!
· The Body Shop Japanese Cherry Blossom Bath and Sho...
· What I've been into, lately
· Crystal Body Deodorant review part 3
· Wardrobe development, continued
· Nars eyeshadow thoughts
· Perfume split/decant wiki
· Happy Friday!: Music on tv

OOTD pics
Work wardrobe pics
Weekend wardrobe pics

Archives

independent fashion bloggers
What do programmers actually wear? Work wardrobe thoughts for a profession with no dress code, plus fashion, product reviews, et cetera.
Current blog
Profile
Contact
More product reviews
Children's art
 Subscribe in a reader

Search only this blog:


Google Custom Search

Other Wardrobe/Fashion Blogs & Sites
The Sartorialist
Fashion For Nerds
That's Chic
keiko lynn
respect the shoes
District of Chic
That Damn Green Dress
Bulo Shoes blog
Chictopia

J.Crew-Oriented Blogs
Gigi's Gone Shopping
J. Crew Aficionada
A Bigger Closet
Modestly Styled. Modestly Me.
My closet, my baby and I
770 Behind The Line (the (un)official J.Crew blog)

Makeup Blogs & Sites
Natural Kath
Makeup & Beauty Blog
Temptalia
Cosmetic Candy
Rouge Deluxe
Tracy's Beauty Blogsphere
Front Row Beauty (some fashion as well)
iCompact


Made in the U.S.A. shoes
posted by Colleen Shirazi on Sunday, September 21, 2008 at 12:01 AM (Pacific)


american made shoes

Here are some shoes I've been looking at, all made here in the U.S.

I already decided on Cydwoqs, pretty much since my Shoegasm! post back in April. They're not cheap...okay, they're hella expensive*, so it's been a matter of distilling which shoes to try and where to buy them.

The Cydwoq site itself, naturally, has the widest selection, but shoes bought there are made to order, a sword cutting both ways.

On the one hand, you can choose exactly which colors and leathers you want for your shoes. On the other, returns are difficult; I think they'll try to get your shoes to work for you, but unless you've managed to try on the shoes in a b & m shop first, it's a bit hit or miss.

So, lacking the opportunity to try before buying, an etailer would appear to be the best bet. Of the ones I've found, Ped has the largest range of Cydwoqs (correct me if I'm wrong) outside of Canada's Gravity Pope.

I do check Ebay periodically, but the odds of them carrying the exact shoe I want in my size...meh...and Ebay isn't that cheap, and most of the sales are final.

Which Cydwoqs to get? Oh, that's not written in stone (hence the idea of PSD'ing them). And I am planning to head out to the few stores around here that carry them, first. Still I fancy "Carry" (top left, in two shades of dark green) and "Gate" (top center and right, in dark brown and crocodile-textured brown).

* Still they don't fall under "luxury pricing."

Labels: ,


0 Comment(s)



« Newer Posts | Older Posts »