sidebar pic
sidebar pic




Powered by Blogger
 

Life of Colleen: Random wardrobe meanderings part 5



Previous Posts
· Random wardrobe meanderings part 4
· Random wardrobe meanderings part 3
· Random wardrobe meanderings part 2
· Random wardrobe meanderings
· Some stuff from The Sartorialist
· This n that
· In-depth wardrobe meanderings
· If you're reading this post...
· This blog has moved
· Mrs. Peel...

OOTD pics
Work wardrobe pics
Weekend wardrobe pics

Archives

independent fashion bloggers
What do programmers actually wear? Work wardrobe thoughts for a profession with no dress code, plus fashion, product reviews, et cetera.
Current blog
Profile
Contact
More product reviews
Children's art
 Subscribe in a reader

Search only this blog:


Google Custom Search

Other Wardrobe/Fashion Blogs & Sites
The Sartorialist
Fashion For Nerds
That's Chic
keiko lynn
respect the shoes
District of Chic
That Damn Green Dress
Bulo Shoes blog
Chictopia

J.Crew-Oriented Blogs
Gigi's Gone Shopping
J. Crew Aficionada
A Bigger Closet
Modestly Styled. Modestly Me.
My closet, my baby and I
770 Behind The Line (the (un)official J.Crew blog)

Makeup Blogs & Sites
Natural Kath
Makeup & Beauty Blog
Temptalia
Cosmetic Candy
Rouge Deluxe
Tracy's Beauty Blogsphere
Front Row Beauty (some fashion as well)
iCompact


Random wardrobe meanderings part 5
posted by Colleen Shirazi on Sunday, June 6, 2010 at 5:50 PM (Pacific)


tiny cotton socks

I can't wait to try these. I know, they're tiny cotton sock-lets; nothing more. You are to wear them with dress shoes, to discreetly envelope your feet in cottony comfort.

Naturally, I'm also thinking...what if they made these with cushioning on the bottom? or a non-skid finish, for heels? A Foot-Petals-meets-footsie kind of a thing? I'm fairly certain they already make something similar, but what I have in mind should be as refined as stockings.



cydwoq category

I finally got these shoes, the Cydwoq Category, after thinking about them for at least a year, perhaps two. I now own several pairs of this brand, to the point I want most of my shoes to be Cydwoqs...with the odd Cole Haan, La Canadienne, and the shoe which shall take months to afford, Thierry Rabotin, comprising a minority of the stash.

I can admit what attracted me most about Category was the giant hole. lol! I tried these out in winter, with tights, and the hole barely showed, which I felt made them versatile. The hole is there to make you feel cooler in summer. It's also why I passed on the dishy Cydwoq Game boots:



cydwoq game boot

I love the holes in back! But when it's sufficiently chilly to wear boots in the first place, you don't want holes in them!



jjill olive dress

Damn you, Van Helsing!

The same day I endeavored to ditch my wardrobe wish-list, I got a catalogue in the mail.

If the road to hell in software development begins with: "Wouldn't it be nice if...", the path to damnation in wardrobe strategy contains the following:

"There's a shop..."
"There's a sale..."
"I got a catalogue in the mail."

JJill has cranked out a new color story, featuring my favorite clothing shade of all time, olive green. I've already decided to try a couple of items, once they hit the b & m stores (JJill clothing imo must be tried on, since it doesn't fit consistently, and seldom looks the same in real life as it does in pictures).

Labels: , ,


0 Comment(s)



« Newer Posts | Older Posts »