sidebar pic
sidebar pic




Powered by Blogger
 

Life of Colleen: Happy Friday!



Previous Posts
· Polyvore-ish
· Strike a pose...
· Finding this oddly mesmerizing...
· What color is the J.Crew Cotton Pimm Fatigue skirt?
· How do Sundance Catalog clothing sizes run?
· Random wardrobe meanderings part 12.49
· Happy Fourth of July!
· It's Friday!
· Random wardrobe meanderings part 12
· Random wardrobe meanderings part 11

OOTD pics
Work wardrobe pics
Weekend wardrobe pics

Archives

independent fashion bloggers
What do programmers actually wear? Work wardrobe thoughts for a profession with no dress code, plus fashion, product reviews, et cetera.
Current blog
Profile
Contact
More product reviews
Children's art
 Subscribe in a reader

Search only this blog:


Google Custom Search

Other Wardrobe/Fashion Blogs & Sites
The Sartorialist
Fashion For Nerds
That's Chic
keiko lynn
respect the shoes
District of Chic
That Damn Green Dress
Bulo Shoes blog
Chictopia

J.Crew-Oriented Blogs
Gigi's Gone Shopping
J. Crew Aficionada
A Bigger Closet
Modestly Styled. Modestly Me.
My closet, my baby and I
770 Behind The Line (the (un)official J.Crew blog)

Makeup Blogs & Sites
Natural Kath
Makeup & Beauty Blog
Temptalia
Cosmetic Candy
Rouge Deluxe
Tracy's Beauty Blogsphere
Front Row Beauty (some fashion as well)
iCompact


Happy Friday!
posted by Colleen Shirazi on Friday, July 9, 2010 at 7:21 PM (Pacific)


I was going to deem this "socks Friday," in which I dramatically cast aside traditional legwear in favor of, well, socks. But it was too cold for this concept, so I wore tights. :P


jcrew oxford shoe

This was a J.Crew oxford I semi-drooled over, back in October of last year (see J.Crack update). It looked too masculine to me...but now I see 'Crew has put out new versions:

jcrew oxford shoes in light ginger, nutmeg and black
J.Crew Camden leather brogues in Light Ginger, Nutmeg and Black

Aha! Much better. The key with this kind of shoe is to make it look pretty, and the perforated designs and delicate shades do just that. (There's a two-tone one up as well that to me looks fug, but is likely much better in person.)

I really like the black ones. Nutmeg looks beautiful, but how useful would it be? Would it show dirt and scuffs quickly? Light Ginger is out of the question for me, for that reason. I just got around to polishing my Cole Haans the other day...I am laaaaazy.

These are Cydwoq prices, but it's not the price that would make me decide for or against. I'm not a shoe whore--a shampoo whore, for sure; something of a stocking whore, definitely into skirts...a skirt can make an outfit almost to the same degree as a dress, while being more versatile and cheaper. Shoes, I don't actually want to own too many of. So the ones I do want, have to be right.

Labels: , ,


0 Comment(s)



« Newer Posts | Older Posts »