sidebar pic
sidebar pic




Powered by Blogger
 

Life of Colleen: Mmm?



Previous Posts
· The light was leaving.
· Random wardrobe meanderings part 24
· Twitter is the new haiku
· Marry me, Tom Servo*
· Let the sun illuminate the words that you could no...
· Because I need another reason to shop J.Crew
· Late in the day, late in the week.
· Random wardrobe meanderings part 23
· Always a pleasure...
· If it looks like this...

OOTD pics
Work wardrobe pics
Weekend wardrobe pics

Archives

independent fashion bloggers
What do programmers actually wear? Work wardrobe thoughts for a profession with no dress code, plus fashion, product reviews, et cetera.
Current blog
Profile
Contact
More product reviews
Children's art
 Subscribe in a reader

Search only this blog:


Google Custom Search

Other Wardrobe/Fashion Blogs & Sites
The Sartorialist
Fashion For Nerds
That's Chic
keiko lynn
respect the shoes
District of Chic
That Damn Green Dress
Bulo Shoes blog
Chictopia

J.Crew-Oriented Blogs
Gigi's Gone Shopping
J. Crew Aficionada
A Bigger Closet
Modestly Styled. Modestly Me.
My closet, my baby and I
770 Behind The Line (the (un)official J.Crew blog)

Makeup Blogs & Sites
Natural Kath
Makeup & Beauty Blog
Temptalia
Cosmetic Candy
Rouge Deluxe
Tracy's Beauty Blogsphere
Front Row Beauty (some fashion as well)
iCompact


Mmm?
posted by Colleen Shirazi on Thursday, October 7, 2010 at 8:54 PM (Pacific)


Recently, I visited the shiny happy clothing crackhouse J.Crew b & m store. The Cord Pencil Skirts are catalogue/online only, but I figured the cord pants are in some of the same colors, right? How 'bout checking out the pants?

Initially I'd come to see this beautiful blue-grey baby:

j.crew cord pencil skirt in golden wood
J.Crew Cord Pencil Skirt in Shadow

...but Shadow, irl, seemed more a drab version of purple than a snappy storm-blue.

The dark brown one, eh, I didn't bother. I already have a dark brown skirt.

j.crew cord pencil skirt in golden wood
J.Crew Cord Pencil Skirt in Golden Wood

Now the golden brown one was surprisingly good. It looks light and kinda useless here, but in person it's darker. This I could be tempted to buy.

Or...? The sole corduroy skirt I own is this red one:

red corduroy skirt

...and I'll have to say, the material is beautiful. It's this super fine-waled cord, and the skirt has little side slits, giving it a sort of cheongsam effect. Mmmm...haven't decided yet.

I've pretty much finished the grade report program, after slaving away at it all day. I ended up cobbling together an old Lasso load program, an old temporary table I had left on the server, and some new PHP code. PHP is noticeably faster than Lasso, which makes sense, since the Lasso guys have all these pre-written functions, which do make your life easier, but entail more overhead. That's why I'd suspected it would be faster to write new PHP code than try making the old Lasso code work with our new system.

Labels: ,


0 Comment(s)



« Newer Posts | Older Posts »