sidebar pic
sidebar pic




Powered by Blogger
 

Life of Colleen: Bibico: fair trade temptation!



Previous Posts
· J.Crew Confidential #2
· Yo, ladies...
· She's my Twilight Zone, my Al Capone...
· As long as they're good-looking, who cares if they...
· Happy Sunday!
· Did you ever see a dream walking?
· J.Crew Silk Pocket Tank: a quick observation
· Nu...?
· Happy Monday!
· Cydwoq Drill Boots at 0:52!

OOTD pics
Work wardrobe pics
Weekend wardrobe pics

Archives

independent fashion bloggers
What do programmers actually wear? Work wardrobe thoughts for a profession with no dress code, plus fashion, product reviews, et cetera.
Current blog
Profile
Contact
More product reviews
Children's art
 Subscribe in a reader

Search only this blog:


Google Custom Search

Other Wardrobe/Fashion Blogs & Sites
The Sartorialist
Fashion For Nerds
That's Chic
keiko lynn
respect the shoes
District of Chic
That Damn Green Dress
Bulo Shoes blog
Chictopia

J.Crew-Oriented Blogs
Gigi's Gone Shopping
J. Crew Aficionada
A Bigger Closet
Modestly Styled. Modestly Me.
My closet, my baby and I
770 Behind The Line (the (un)official J.Crew blog)

Makeup Blogs & Sites
Natural Kath
Makeup & Beauty Blog
Temptalia
Cosmetic Candy
Rouge Deluxe
Tracy's Beauty Blogsphere
Front Row Beauty (some fashion as well)
iCompact


Bibico: fair trade temptation!
posted by Colleen Shirazi on Sunday, March 6, 2011 at 11:34 AM (Pacific)


bibico celia dress
Bibico Celia Dress

Because I need more sartorial seduction in my life. :)

Allow me to preface this...whenever I hear the phrase "fair trade," my first inclination is to find products made in the U.S. (Go ahead, throw tomatoes.) So that would include Velvet, Stewart + Brown, C & C California, Cydwoq, smaller brands such as Heartbreaker Fashion and Punkin NYC, the odd Supima cotton item...all of which I have bought, and check out periodically. There is also a slew of brands I have yet to try, such as LA Made, Lamixx, Prairie Underground, Clary Sage, Vintage Shoe Company, Aurora Shoe Company, Splendid, yadda yadda...

lamixx intermix skirt
Lamixx Intermix Skirt at Threadsence

All of that said, the idea of fair trade international is a good one. Why not?

The one domestic source of Bibico I've found is Modcloth:

bibico boating stripe top

...where you can get this nifty yellow-and-white striped top with pockets for about what you'd have to pay at J.Crew.

Labels: ,


0 Comment(s)



« Newer Posts | Older Posts »