sidebar pic
sidebar pic




Powered by Blogger
 

Life of Colleen: Runfree Hosiery Repair notes



Previous Posts
· Happy Mon--erm, Tuesday!
· OOTD; Leather Honey review
· J.Crew notes: Alyssa Top, Perfect Shirt in Suckere...
· Maintenance
· OOTD; revised J.Crew drool list
· J.Crew new arrivals potential drool list
· Are you too sexy for your shirt?*
· I get me out of bed and sing this song*
· Does Macy tell Gimbel?*
· Did I get down on Friday?*

OOTD pics
Work wardrobe pics
Weekend wardrobe pics

Archives

independent fashion bloggers
What do programmers actually wear? Work wardrobe thoughts for a profession with no dress code, plus fashion, product reviews, et cetera.
Current blog
Profile
Contact
More product reviews
Children's art
 Subscribe in a reader

Search only this blog:


Google Custom Search

Other Wardrobe/Fashion Blogs & Sites
The Sartorialist
Fashion For Nerds
That's Chic
keiko lynn
respect the shoes
District of Chic
That Damn Green Dress
Bulo Shoes blog
Chictopia

J.Crew-Oriented Blogs
Gigi's Gone Shopping
J. Crew Aficionada
A Bigger Closet
Modestly Styled. Modestly Me.
My closet, my baby and I
770 Behind The Line (the (un)official J.Crew blog)

Makeup Blogs & Sites
Natural Kath
Makeup & Beauty Blog
Temptalia
Cosmetic Candy
Rouge Deluxe
Tracy's Beauty Blogsphere
Front Row Beauty (some fashion as well)
iCompact


Runfree Hosiery Repair notes
posted by Colleen Shirazi on Friday, June 3, 2011 at 8:08 PM (Pacific)


runfree hosiery repair
Run Free Hosiery Repair

I got to try this (wouldn't you know it?) pretty much right away, when one of my stockings showed a pull—not yet a run, nor quite a hole, but sure to develop into one or the other.

This product smells strongly of chemicals when wet, but dries quickly. It's easy to use (as easy as clear nail polish would be). The advantages of this over clear nail polish are supposed to be: it won't stick to your skin, and won't dry hard. It did stick a bit to my skin (nothing a brief tug didn't fix). As promised, the product was perfectly flexible when dry.

Interestingly, it didn't quite dry clear. The area where I'd applied it showed a wee bit lighter than the stocking itself. It occurred to me perhaps I'd used too much. It just sort of melds with the stocking fabric, so you'd need only enough to cover the hole and ring of stitches surrounding it.

So far, I'm quite pleased. My next tests would be: a.) see how it fares after laundering the stocking; b.) try it proactively on not-yet-worn-out stocking toes; c.) see if I can use it to "glue" a fancy stocking in which I'd popped a stitch.

Labels: , ,


0 Comment(s)



« Newer Posts | Older Posts »