sidebar pic
sidebar pic




Powered by Blogger
 

Life of Colleen: Happy Friday!: R.E.M.



Previous Posts
· More on Patou's Ma Collection
· Wardrobe: Supima cotton overload
· Jean Patou Wiki-ness
· Cydwoq "Carry" shoe
· October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month: Annick G...
· Made in the U.S.A. shoes
· Sundance shoes made in the U.S.A.
· Wardrobe: outfit composition
· Happy Friday!: Dance, dance, dance!
· The Body Shop Japanese Cherry Blossom Bath and Sho...

OOTD pics
Work wardrobe pics
Weekend wardrobe pics

Archives

independent fashion bloggers
What do programmers actually wear? Work wardrobe thoughts for a profession with no dress code, plus fashion, product reviews, et cetera.
Current blog
Profile
Contact
More product reviews
Children's art
 Subscribe in a reader

Search only this blog:


Google Custom Search

Other Wardrobe/Fashion Blogs & Sites
The Sartorialist
Fashion For Nerds
That's Chic
keiko lynn
respect the shoes
District of Chic
That Damn Green Dress
Bulo Shoes blog
Chictopia

J.Crew-Oriented Blogs
Gigi's Gone Shopping
J. Crew Aficionada
A Bigger Closet
Modestly Styled. Modestly Me.
My closet, my baby and I
770 Behind The Line (the (un)official J.Crew blog)

Makeup Blogs & Sites
Natural Kath
Makeup & Beauty Blog
Temptalia
Cosmetic Candy
Rouge Deluxe
Tracy's Beauty Blogsphere
Front Row Beauty (some fashion as well)
iCompact


Happy Friday!: R.E.M.
posted by Colleen Shirazi on Friday, September 26, 2008 at 12:01 AM (Pacific)



R.E.M. - So. Central Rain (I'm Sorry)

When I heard R.E.M for the first time, on the radio, I hated them. I forget the exact song, it just struck me as a mess. This would have been in the early 1980's.

And then, shortly afterward, I adored them. There was a period...where the songs I listened to became blended with one another, and were intimately woven into my life. If I had to go back and put a finger on it, it was when I left Virginia, drove across the country in my Toyota, ended up in California, worked as a delivery driver, yadda yadda...


REM Driver 8 Video

I still have a sentimentality for songs about the radio itself. They don't make them anymore, because the radio sucks now; it's hard to believe it was ever anything better than a Clear Channel sludge of elevator tunes. But once it was magic, one of only two conduits (the other being books) between the real world and wherever you happened to be from.



R.E.M. - Radio Song


From www.absolutelyrics.com

(Lyrics source: Quoted by Michael Stipe in a letter to Rolling Stone in Dec 1988)

Did you never call? I waited for your call
These rivers of suggestion are driving me away
The trees will bend, the cities wash away
The city on the river there is a girl without a dream

I'm sorry

Eastern to Mountain, third party call, the lines are down
The wise man built his words upon the rocks
But I'm not bound to follow suit
The trees will bend, the conversation's dimmed
Go build yourself another home, this choice isn't mine

Did you never call? I waited for your call
These rivers of suggestion are driving me away
The ocean sang, the conversation's dimmed
Go build yourself another dream, this choice isn't mine

Labels: , ,


0 Comment(s)



« Newer Posts | Older Posts »