sidebar pic
sidebar pic




Powered by Blogger
 

Life of Colleen: OOTD; notes on J.Crew Eyelet Embroidered Tank



Previous Posts
· Bibico: fair trade temptation!
· J.Crew Confidential #2
· Yo, ladies...
· She's my Twilight Zone, my Al Capone...
· As long as they're good-looking, who cares if they...
· Happy Sunday!
· Did you ever see a dream walking?
· J.Crew Silk Pocket Tank: a quick observation
· Nu...?
· Happy Monday!

OOTD pics
Work wardrobe pics
Weekend wardrobe pics

Archives

independent fashion bloggers
What do programmers actually wear? Work wardrobe thoughts for a profession with no dress code, plus fashion, product reviews, et cetera.
Current blog
Profile
Contact
More product reviews
Children's art
 Subscribe in a reader

Search only this blog:


Google Custom Search

Other Wardrobe/Fashion Blogs & Sites
The Sartorialist
Fashion For Nerds
That's Chic
keiko lynn
respect the shoes
District of Chic
That Damn Green Dress
Bulo Shoes blog
Chictopia

J.Crew-Oriented Blogs
Gigi's Gone Shopping
J. Crew Aficionada
A Bigger Closet
Modestly Styled. Modestly Me.
My closet, my baby and I
770 Behind The Line (the (un)official J.Crew blog)

Makeup Blogs & Sites
Natural Kath
Makeup & Beauty Blog
Temptalia
Cosmetic Candy
Rouge Deluxe
Tracy's Beauty Blogsphere
Front Row Beauty (some fashion as well)
iCompact


OOTD; notes on J.Crew Eyelet Embroidered Tank
posted by Colleen Shirazi on Monday, March 14, 2011 at 6:59 PM (Pacific)


ootd

Top: J.Crew tissue turtleneck in Champagne
Taupe cardigan: J.Jill kimono sleeve
Skirt: J.Jill
Boots: La Canadienne

It was not "supposed" to rain today (I checked the forecast yesterday), so naturally I wore rain boots. :) The weather has just been strange. It's come to remind me of Washington State, where, after a time, you just give up and enjoy the humidity.

jcrew eyelet embroidered tank in dusty blush
J.Crew Eyelet Embroidered Tank, revisited

Wah! I finally saw these in person, and was more than a bit disappointed. I'm still scouting around for office-friendly hot weather tops—and this is not one imo.

In the shop, they had the Ivory and Baltic Blue. No Dusty Blush, but a fourth color not on the website: rich brown-olive, prettier than the other two available shades. Still, a.) It was big...I grabbed my usual size Large and had to go down to Medium. The arm-holes were kinda ginormous and I pictured wearing a camisole beneath it. Not a deal-breaker (who cares, wear a cami) but b.) it just didn't look all that special. The embroidery was a killer concept, but almost cheesily rendered; I had visions of ravelling threads....

Labels: , , ,


0 Comment(s)



« Newer Posts | Older Posts »