sidebar pic
sidebar pic




Powered by Blogger
 

Life of Colleen: OOTD; random notes



Previous Posts
· YesStyle crawling
· J.Crew notes
· OOTD
· Havin' a good Thursday?
· It's totally modular!
· If I don't see you, I'll think about you more.
· Telecommute
· Paul and Joe lipstick #14 Strawberry Jam review
· Something in your eyes is making such a fool of me*
· J.Crew Lace-stripe tissue tee

OOTD pics
Work wardrobe pics
Weekend wardrobe pics

Archives

independent fashion bloggers
What do programmers actually wear? Work wardrobe thoughts for a profession with no dress code, plus fashion, product reviews, et cetera.
Current blog
Profile
Contact
More product reviews
Children's art
 Subscribe in a reader

Search only this blog:


Google Custom Search

Other Wardrobe/Fashion Blogs & Sites
The Sartorialist
Fashion For Nerds
That's Chic
keiko lynn
respect the shoes
District of Chic
That Damn Green Dress
Bulo Shoes blog
Chictopia

J.Crew-Oriented Blogs
Gigi's Gone Shopping
J. Crew Aficionada
A Bigger Closet
Modestly Styled. Modestly Me.
My closet, my baby and I
770 Behind The Line (the (un)official J.Crew blog)

Makeup Blogs & Sites
Natural Kath
Makeup & Beauty Blog
Temptalia
Cosmetic Candy
Rouge Deluxe
Tracy's Beauty Blogsphere
Front Row Beauty (some fashion as well)
iCompact


OOTD; random notes
posted by Colleen Shirazi on Saturday, April 16, 2011 at 10:34 PM (Pacific)


ootd

Top: a white tee shirt :)
Jacket: C & C California
Skirt: Velvet by Graham and Spencer (worn many times)
Shoes: Cydwoq Art (also worn here)

Pixelated close-up of the fish pendant (tooled sterling silver, with two lapis stones):

sterling silver fish pendant

It's occurred to me, I don't do casual overly well. I got the pendant and jacket to match :D otherwise, I have jeans, cord pants, and lots of tee shirts (including some nice ones from the tech-bubble days)...but I have focused much of my effort on developing my work wardrobe.

Casual clothes should be easy, since you need to please only yourself, i.e., you should wear stuff you would not necessarily wear to work. For the same reason, imo, a work wardrobe is important in the first place. You are an actor, playing a role, and your job is to play this role in the finest way that you can. So how you look reflects what you do, and looking the part makes it easier to get into the groove.

Hence...much as I love this Velvet skirt, it's really not a weekend skirt. I'm thinking something more like this:

tiered jersey skirt

...only not in this color. I like the shade, but it's not relaxing (I was sitting on a log today, and hardly felt like wondering what would happen to my skirt).

Labels: , , , ,


0 Comment(s)



« Newer Posts | Older Posts »