sidebar pic
sidebar pic




Powered by Blogger
 

Life of Colleen: J.Crew notes



Previous Posts
· OOTD
· Havin' a good Thursday?
· It's totally modular!
· If I don't see you, I'll think about you more.
· Telecommute
· Paul and Joe lipstick #14 Strawberry Jam review
· Something in your eyes is making such a fool of me*
· J.Crew Lace-stripe tissue tee
· I can't tell you what's on my mind.*
· Lipstick thoughts

OOTD pics
Work wardrobe pics
Weekend wardrobe pics

Archives

independent fashion bloggers
What do programmers actually wear? Work wardrobe thoughts for a profession with no dress code, plus fashion, product reviews, et cetera.
Current blog
Profile
Contact
More product reviews
Children's art
 Subscribe in a reader

Search only this blog:


Google Custom Search

Other Wardrobe/Fashion Blogs & Sites
The Sartorialist
Fashion For Nerds
That's Chic
keiko lynn
respect the shoes
District of Chic
That Damn Green Dress
Bulo Shoes blog
Chictopia

J.Crew-Oriented Blogs
Gigi's Gone Shopping
J. Crew Aficionada
A Bigger Closet
Modestly Styled. Modestly Me.
My closet, my baby and I
770 Behind The Line (the (un)official J.Crew blog)

Makeup Blogs & Sites
Natural Kath
Makeup & Beauty Blog
Temptalia
Cosmetic Candy
Rouge Deluxe
Tracy's Beauty Blogsphere
Front Row Beauty (some fashion as well)
iCompact


J.Crew notes
posted by Colleen Shirazi on Saturday, April 9, 2011 at 9:05 PM (Pacific)


I went 'Crew-diving, and found some things of interest.

j.crew schoolboy blazer in eyelet
J.Crew Schoolboy Blazer in Eyelet - Smoky Graphite

I'd seen this before, along with the white one, and didn't think to try it on. But something about the grey version caught my eye this time. I seldom wear blazers...don't work in a suit office; even the director of my department does not wear a suit. The eyelet makes this blazer less formal, yet it's cute, and a change from my perpetual cardigan-ness.

j.crew shelby dress in dusty pink
J.Crew Shelby Dress in Dusty Pink

This, likewise, has been hanging around the stores for quite a while. I recall seeing the pink version once, maybe twice, followed by a deluge of black, navy and white colorways. I'd never tried Shelby on, and it occurred to me:

You do anything once
You try anything twice
You do what you got to do
But I love you, Suzanne
(Lou Reed, if you'd like an eyeful of 80's fashion)

So I went ahead and tried it on. Amazing! Really nice. It looks kinda horrible in the wrong size; I'm between sizes, so went a size down.

j.crew tuxedo tunic in blue back stripe
J.Crew Voile Tuxedo Tunic in Blue Back Stripe

This was so pretty! but, on me, the fit was awkward, as the buttons gapped at the bust. I felt this top would fare best on someone tall and slim. Loved the beautiful bright blue, sheer material, but passed here.

j.crew delany eyelet top
J.Crew Delaney Eyelet Top in white

I tried this on, and pondered buying it. It's way cheaper in the store, and appears well-made, what with the lining (nice touch!). The wavy eyelet pattern looks cool, and the "ventilated" sleeve design tempts:

j.crew delany eyelet top

In the end, I figured I had enough similar tops (have made a point of collecting office-friendly tops that would work in hot weather). And finally...

j.crew jenny dress
J.Crew Jenny Dress in Deep Peri

I'd really wanted to try this on, particularly in the blue colorway, but the fit just was not right on me, and sizing down didn't help. Too bad—for it being a simple dress, the blue would have been stunning on a summery day.

Labels: ,


0 Comment(s)



« Newer Posts | Older Posts »