sidebar pic
sidebar pic




Powered by Blogger
 

Life of Colleen: General drool-o-rama



Previous Posts
· OOTD; anyone seen a taupe hoodie?
· OOTD; more Leather Honey and Summer Soles notes
· Shoes
· OOTD and a cool site
· Runfree Hosiery Repair notes
· Happy Mon--erm, Tuesday!
· OOTD; Leather Honey review
· J.Crew notes: Alyssa Top, Perfect Shirt in Suckere...
· Maintenance
· OOTD; revised J.Crew drool list

OOTD pics
Work wardrobe pics
Weekend wardrobe pics

Archives

independent fashion bloggers
What do programmers actually wear? Work wardrobe thoughts for a profession with no dress code, plus fashion, product reviews, et cetera.
Current blog
Profile
Contact
More product reviews
Children's art
 Subscribe in a reader

Search only this blog:


Google Custom Search

Other Wardrobe/Fashion Blogs & Sites
The Sartorialist
Fashion For Nerds
That's Chic
keiko lynn
respect the shoes
District of Chic
That Damn Green Dress
Bulo Shoes blog
Chictopia

J.Crew-Oriented Blogs
Gigi's Gone Shopping
J. Crew Aficionada
A Bigger Closet
Modestly Styled. Modestly Me.
My closet, my baby and I
770 Behind The Line (the (un)official J.Crew blog)

Makeup Blogs & Sites
Natural Kath
Makeup & Beauty Blog
Temptalia
Cosmetic Candy
Rouge Deluxe
Tracy's Beauty Blogsphere
Front Row Beauty (some fashion as well)
iCompact


General drool-o-rama
posted by Colleen Shirazi on Wednesday, June 22, 2011 at 10:26 PM (Pacific)


cotton print dress

Totally jonesing for this dress. It's a cotton print, and made in the U.S. When first I saw it, I didn't think of, well, jonesing for it, but the more you look, the more useful it appears. Cotton and sleeveless, yet work-friendly, with lovely black piping detail—not only does it have pockets, the pockets are even piped. In back there are rows of shirring to make more fitted, yet it's not one of those dreary butt-cupping things. I don't normally gravitate toward prints over solid colors, if only because most prints don't appeal to me, but this print looks special.



Dire Straits - "Romeo and Juliet" (1981)

Juliet, the dice was loaded from the start
And I bet, and you exploded in my heart
And I forget, I forget the movie song
When you gonna realize, it was just that the time was wrong?


This is one cataclysmic song; it has something of everything: touches of country & western, lyrics from an early 1960's pop song, a reference to the Romeo and Juliet play itself:

You promised me everything, you promised me thick and thin
Now you just says oh Romeo yeah you know I used to have a scene with him


...a dash of West Side Story, a description of a musician (Knopfler, presumably) writing the song and playing it, all within the song itself. It's just fascinating. I remember this song, of course, and had liked it...oh well, I suppose I'm just having an 80's moment.

Labels: , , ,


0 Comment(s)



« Newer Posts | Older Posts »