sidebar pic
sidebar pic




Powered by Blogger
 

Life of Colleen: OOTD; wardrobe randomness



Previous Posts
· General drool-o-rama
· OOTD; anyone seen a taupe hoodie?
· OOTD; more Leather Honey and Summer Soles notes
· Shoes
· OOTD and a cool site
· Runfree Hosiery Repair notes
· Happy Mon--erm, Tuesday!
· OOTD; Leather Honey review
· J.Crew notes: Alyssa Top, Perfect Shirt in Suckere...
· Maintenance

OOTD pics
Work wardrobe pics
Weekend wardrobe pics

Archives

independent fashion bloggers
What do programmers actually wear? Work wardrobe thoughts for a profession with no dress code, plus fashion, product reviews, et cetera.
Current blog
Profile
Contact
More product reviews
Children's art
 Subscribe in a reader

Search only this blog:


Google Custom Search

Other Wardrobe/Fashion Blogs & Sites
The Sartorialist
Fashion For Nerds
That's Chic
keiko lynn
respect the shoes
District of Chic
That Damn Green Dress
Bulo Shoes blog
Chictopia

J.Crew-Oriented Blogs
Gigi's Gone Shopping
J. Crew Aficionada
A Bigger Closet
Modestly Styled. Modestly Me.
My closet, my baby and I
770 Behind The Line (the (un)official J.Crew blog)

Makeup Blogs & Sites
Natural Kath
Makeup & Beauty Blog
Temptalia
Cosmetic Candy
Rouge Deluxe
Tracy's Beauty Blogsphere
Front Row Beauty (some fashion as well)
iCompact


OOTD; wardrobe randomness
posted by Colleen Shirazi on Wednesday, June 29, 2011 at 8:36 PM (Pacific)


ootd

Top: gifted
Cardigan: J.Jill kimono sleeve
Necklace: tourmalines on gold chain, designed by my daughter :) (made by me)
Skirt: gifted
Tights: Wolford
Boots: La Canadienne

This is one of my go-to outfits, when there's no fancy meeting to dress up for, but it's not Friday yet? It can fly with many different tops, jewelry and shoes; even the tights can go—I prefer them because the skirt is a bit short, but then I do have some of these to play with:

a slip shop black eyelet slip
image courtesy A Slip Shop


A Slip Shop (Etsy) is pretty cool; the ladies there will make you either a standard- or custom-length half-slip, with a variety of lace trims to choose from. I dithered between them and The Cotton Mill, where they'll make you a cotton half-slip to order (again with lovely lace trim options). A Slip Shop's nylon half-slip was more practical to my needs; it is a regular ol' half-slip, at the end of the day, and can function as such, and add length to skirts which need it.

This could be terrible news for your wallet, but ASOS is having a summer sale:

ASOS

Naturally I noticed their cool web interface, where you can select your way handily through mammoth amounts of clothing. Mind you, I'm ratcheting down new clothing purchases, but I'm all for losing my ASOS virginity at these prices.

Hmmm...I'm shagged, actually. I'm converting my online add/drop/change program to be entirely online-submissible. It's a fairly interesting process, if only because you have to pretty much replicate what the currently-used PDF form does...without replicating the drawbacks of the form...and this form does everything for everybody.

Labels: , , , ,


0 Comment(s)



« Newer Posts | Older Posts »