sidebar pic
sidebar pic




Powered by Blogger
 

Life of Colleen: J.Crew Alyssa Top review; workplace randomness



Previous Posts
· Idly craving...
· OOTD; Washington fun!
· OOTD; wardrobe randomness
· General drool-o-rama
· OOTD; anyone seen a taupe hoodie?
· OOTD; more Leather Honey and Summer Soles notes
· Shoes
· OOTD and a cool site
· Runfree Hosiery Repair notes
· Happy Mon--erm, Tuesday!

OOTD pics
Work wardrobe pics
Weekend wardrobe pics

Archives

independent fashion bloggers
What do programmers actually wear? Work wardrobe thoughts for a profession with no dress code, plus fashion, product reviews, et cetera.
Current blog
Profile
Contact
More product reviews
Children's art
 Subscribe in a reader

Search only this blog:


Google Custom Search

Other Wardrobe/Fashion Blogs & Sites
The Sartorialist
Fashion For Nerds
That's Chic
keiko lynn
respect the shoes
District of Chic
That Damn Green Dress
Bulo Shoes blog
Chictopia

J.Crew-Oriented Blogs
Gigi's Gone Shopping
J. Crew Aficionada
A Bigger Closet
Modestly Styled. Modestly Me.
My closet, my baby and I
770 Behind The Line (the (un)official J.Crew blog)

Makeup Blogs & Sites
Natural Kath
Makeup & Beauty Blog
Temptalia
Cosmetic Candy
Rouge Deluxe
Tracy's Beauty Blogsphere
Front Row Beauty (some fashion as well)
iCompact


J.Crew Alyssa Top review; workplace randomness
posted by Colleen Shirazi on Wednesday, July 20, 2011 at 8:50 PM (Pacific)


Colleague (writing information on a paper pad): I need a system for this.
Me: You need a device.
Colleague: I need something to talk to, and it writes what I'm doing.
Me: You mean..."Do What I'm Thinking"?
Colleague: (nods)
Me: I've tried that many times. It doesn't work.

Me: Why is it working? It works.
Colleague: It never works.
Me: Yeah, you're right. It works until you use it a few times. Then you find out it doesn't work.

j.crew alyssa top
J.Crew Alyssa Top in Mauve Morning

I got this, when the 'Crew offered one of their percent-off sales. Haven't worn it yet (sorry no ootd photo), but a few notes:

This thing definitely runs big. I tried on the white version at the b & m; size 6 fit me better than 8 (I wear a size 10 in the perfect and boy shirts). A nice feature is it fits over the bust without giant arm-holes. It's cut too low to wear as-is to work, but the Mauve Morning shade is formal enough to fly as business casual with a camisole underneath it (the white version seemed too casual to me).

I'm still irked at the idea of carrying only one shade in the store. The navy blue one looked pretty online, but do you want to fork over in the realm of Final Sale for something that may not look that great on? I was willing to take a chance on Mauve Morning, since it appeared one of those ubiquitous "J.Crew shades" (ex., burnished olive, mint green with a tad of blue, greys washed with blue and green, bright red-orange, etc.). The 'Crew excels at rose-brown blends (Mauve Morning is slightly browner and deeper than it appears on my monitor).

All in all—looks useful (I have a specific stash of work-friendly hot-weather clothes).

Labels: ,


0 Comment(s)



« Newer Posts | Older Posts »