sidebar pic
sidebar pic




Powered by Blogger
 

Life of Colleen: The plural of "anecdote" is not "data" *



Previous Posts
· There's always the sun
· Better than a mudslide, mama
· I thought you GNU...
· Lone cypress, baby!
· You're streets away from where it gets the roughest
· A random thanks to the 'Crew
· Listening to...
· On my to-try list...
· The perfect fitted white tee shirt? (Pickwick & We...
· Nivea Invisible for Black & White deodorant review...

OOTD pics
Work wardrobe pics
Weekend wardrobe pics

Archives

independent fashion bloggers
What do programmers actually wear? Work wardrobe thoughts for a profession with no dress code, plus fashion, product reviews, et cetera.
Current blog
Profile
Contact
More product reviews
Children's art
 Subscribe in a reader

Search only this blog:


Google Custom Search

Other Wardrobe/Fashion Blogs & Sites
The Sartorialist
Fashion For Nerds
That's Chic
keiko lynn
respect the shoes
District of Chic
That Damn Green Dress
Bulo Shoes blog
Chictopia

J.Crew-Oriented Blogs
Gigi's Gone Shopping
J. Crew Aficionada
A Bigger Closet
Modestly Styled. Modestly Me.
My closet, my baby and I
770 Behind The Line (the (un)official J.Crew blog)

Makeup Blogs & Sites
Natural Kath
Makeup & Beauty Blog
Temptalia
Cosmetic Candy
Rouge Deluxe
Tracy's Beauty Blogsphere
Front Row Beauty (some fashion as well)
iCompact


The plural of "anecdote" is not "data" *
posted by Colleen Shirazi on Saturday, December 28, 2013 at 8:39 PM (Pacific)


nivea black and white stick deodorant
Nivea Black and White stick deodorant

Hermmm... Time for some, well, blogging.

I've been using the above deo since April-Mayish of this year; plenty of time to ascertain whether or not it works. It does. I can frankly claim to have less of the annoying "yellow deo marks on white shirts" issue. Worth the minor hassle of finding it here (seems pretty cheap and available in Europe).


i profumi di firenze
i Profumi di Firenze, Violetta di Bosco

Been playing with this, in sample form. I was never a "frag hag," exactly, and so missed this line altogether even when I was sampling perfumes. Italian fragrances imo tend to be iffy, unless you're heavily into citrus (there always seems to be something citrusy there, and it can be done well, but it has to be your thing).

Not so with this scent. Violets...when did I last smell one? over twenty-eight years past, that's for sure, when some randomly sprouted between our house and the next. I don't recall a heady scent, but as I say there were the few soldier-violets, not a whole bed of them.

So, I'll take it on faith this is what violets smell like. I loathe samples (well, love/hate, of course) in that you're stuck without a sprayer; this is potent nevertheless.

First impressions...too sweet, overly floral (doh), too...virtuous? Not something toward which I tend to gravitate. A candied sensation. Bleh. Then...perfume settles in...must apply more...this is great! Dabbled the dinky plastic wand around—oh, I know, I could do something more creative, like dab it properly from the vial...

Even with my violet ignorance, I could say this is a fresh and complex scent. There's more in it than essence of violets, which would be simplistic at best, cloying at worst. For someone who spent many summers at an organic vegetable/fruit farm (me), there are subtle elements of moss, dried grass, ferns, hints of water...all that's needed to conjure up the outdoors, interwoven with the sweet layer of blooms.

Full-bottle-worthy? I don't know yet. It's a bit spendy (not worse than Montale, which is still my house of choice), but again with the frag-hag-lessness—I don't own tons of perfumes, so the ones I do have need to be special.

* Reddit

Labels: , ,


0 Comment(s)



« Newer Posts | Older Posts »