sidebar pic
sidebar pic




Powered by Blogger
 

Life of Colleen: J.Crew Camden leather brogues - review



Previous Posts
· Modaspia notes
· R.I.P. Steve Jobs
· Madewell b & m notes
· Work wardrobe chit-chat will resume...
· Our lips are sealed
· Fall shopping...or not
· Madewell in Corte Madera
· How do young people survive today...
· Knowledge is cute.*
· J.Crew Alyssa Top review; workplace randomness

OOTD pics
Work wardrobe pics
Weekend wardrobe pics

Archives

independent fashion bloggers
What do programmers actually wear? Work wardrobe thoughts for a profession with no dress code, plus fashion, product reviews, et cetera.
Current blog
Profile
Contact
More product reviews
Children's art
 Subscribe in a reader

Search only this blog:


Google Custom Search

Other Wardrobe/Fashion Blogs & Sites
The Sartorialist
Fashion For Nerds
That's Chic
keiko lynn
respect the shoes
District of Chic
That Damn Green Dress
Bulo Shoes blog
Chictopia

J.Crew-Oriented Blogs
Gigi's Gone Shopping
J. Crew Aficionada
A Bigger Closet
Modestly Styled. Modestly Me.
My closet, my baby and I
770 Behind The Line (the (un)official J.Crew blog)

Makeup Blogs & Sites
Natural Kath
Makeup & Beauty Blog
Temptalia
Cosmetic Candy
Rouge Deluxe
Tracy's Beauty Blogsphere
Front Row Beauty (some fashion as well)
iCompact


J.Crew Camden leather brogues - review
posted by Colleen Shirazi on Sunday, November 6, 2011 at 10:23 PM (Pacific)


jcrew oxford shoes in light ginger, nutmeg and black
J.Crew Camden leather brogues in light ginger, nutmeg and black

I bought these a while back, actually, during one of J.Crew's discount-on-top-of-sale things, and I've worn them several times now—I got the black ones, despite the allure of the other tasty tones, on the notion they would be far more useful. (Don't you often find yourself gravitating towards your black shoes?)

There was advice to go up half a size for these, which I did initially, but it didn't work. 8-1/2 was too long on my foot; the heel slipped off. My regular size 8 fit fine and didn't feel overly narrow on (I have wide feet too).

I can admit these aren't exactly the best quality shoes I own. My Cydwoqs are better made, as are my Cole Haans. But they are undeniably cute, and are decently-enough made. They are a perfect small replica of a man's oxford shoe, but somehow don't look masculine on. Perhaps it's the plethora of perforations and the neat streamlined shape. They're also quite comfortable as you would imagine.

Now, what do you do with them; they seem to look best with textured hose or tights of some sort, although I have worn them with regular stockings. The rest of the outfit could be a work skirt and a button-down shirt, and a cardigan, which is what I've been wearing a lot of, lately.

In summation, I'm not sure these would have been worth the FP. And I would hate to have to buy on Final Sale (I would've been stuck with long shoes). But for sale price, so far these have been rather nifty.

Labels: , , ,


0 Comment(s)



« Newer Posts | Older Posts »